RAW HOMEMADE CHEESECAKE RECIPE
I'm currently suuuuper happy! Ha, anyone else?! I just got finished up with an event in Santa Monica for PopSugar Fitness X Adidas and now I'm at one of my favorite coffee shops over on the West Side enjoying my go-to almond milk latte and thinking about how excited I am for tomorrows beach day xxx
I wanted to share this UHMAZING recipe with you guys because it is such a new staple recipe for me if I want something sweet.
I'm not a huge chocolate person or really even that big on sweets but the one dessert I feel like I'm always down for is cheesecake. But then like, not, because it's always packed with so much sugar that I don't even think that it's worth it.
Luckily I got to take home Purely Elizabeth's cookbook from an event one time and it has been my go-to for new healthy lunches, sauces, and now...desserts, which is where this recipe is from.
She also has a banana nut bread that I'm dying to make as well as a carrot cake so, things are going well haha.
This recipe is SOOO easy PLUS I had a lot of the ingredients on me already which made me even more inclined to give it a shot.
All you do is blend everything, make some layers, top it will raspberries, and let it sit in the fridge for an hour.
I've been snacking on it like it's one big cookie haha I should probably just throw the rest away soon considering I'm the only one eating it......
HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup dates, pitted
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups cashews
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2 cups raspberries
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- In a food processor, blend crust ingredients until a crumbly paste is formed (so it can stick together with your hands).
- Place a piece of parchment paper on top of a pie dish and spoon crust mixture on top of the parchment paper.
- With your hand, press the mixture into the pie dish. In a high-speed blender, blend cashews, vanilla, lemon juice, coconut oil, and coconut sugar.
- Pour half the filling on top of crust. With the remaining half, continue to blend with raspberries and maple syrup, leaving a few raspberries to the side for decoration.
- Pour raspberry filling on top of cashew filling and place in the refrigerator for an hour before serving.
- When ready to serve, remove the parchment paper and top with raspberries.