Out of all the fall appetizers, this one was by far my FAVORITE. AND it was my first time making hummus! I always knew it was easy but for some reason never took a shot at it.
In case you're wondering, it is in fact, SUPER EASY.
It's SO cheap, I made like 25,000 servings, it's healthy, it's very filling, and the varieties are endless. SO if you need to whip up a fall app really quick , this needs to be your go to.
- 3 SMALL SWEET POTATOES
- COCONUT OIL
- THYME (OPTIONAL - MAKES IT A LITTLE MORE FESTIVE)
- 2 CANS OF GARBANZO BEANS (CHIC PEAS) DRAINED
- 1 BIG TABLESPOON OF TAHINI
- 1/3 CUP OLIVE OIL (WE USED GARLIC OLIVE OIL FROM TRADER JOES - DEFINITELY RECOMMEND THIS)
- JUST UNDER 1/2 CUP OF WATER
- 1 POMEGRANATE OR 1 CONTAINER OF JUST THE SEEDS (I FIND THAT PULLING THE SEEDS OUT YOURSELF MAKES FOR A MUCH BETTER TASTE BUT IT'S UP TO YOU!)
Before you begin, set your oven to BAKE at 400-degrees.
Peel and cut all 3 sweet potatoes into cubes & cover in coconut oil, and thyme.
Spread evenly on a baking sheet and cook fro 20-30 minutes. (30 was good for us but as always, check to see if they are soft enough every 10 minutes.)
Drain both cans of garbanzo beans and add them to your blender along with the 1/2 cup water, 1/3 cup olive oil (remember, we used a garlic olive oil!), + 1 large tbs of tahini. (Don't blend yet).
When the sweet potatoes are ready, measure out 1 cup of them and add to blender. NOW you may blend! The consistency should be perfect but sometimes it might depend on your blender. If it is too think, slowly add in small measurements of water.
Add pomegranate seeds and serve with a side of whole wheat crackers and the curry carrots!