KALE CAESAR SALAD (PURELY ELIZABETH)
Ever since I did my juice cleanse I've been feeling a million times more on top of my game, health wise.
The cleanse was pretty hard but that made me want to make sure that I really had my ish together as soon as it was over so that the cleanse wasn't a complete waste of time.
I started looking into some super easy raw meals that I could make and this was one of the first ones I found.
It's a super quick process to throw together, you make your own dressing which always makes me feel like I am eating SUPER clean, throw it on some Kale and then add some portobello mushroom caps then you're done!
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
+ 1/2 cup cashews (soaked for 2 hours)
+ 1/2 cup water
+ 1 clove garlic, minced
+ 1 TBSP olive oil
+ 1 TBSP Nutritional Yeast
+ 1 TSP Dijon Mustard
+ 1 TSP Sherry Vinegar
+ 1 Lemon
+ Pinch of Sea Salt
+ 2 large bunches of Kale with the Stems removed
+ 1 TBSP olive oil
+ 1 TBSP Balsamic
+ 2 Large Portobello caps
1. Place all the ingredients for the dressing into a high speed blender and blend until smooth, add more water if necessary. (I didn't have to).
2. Toss the dressing with the kale in a large bowl.
3. THEN, Put a grill to medium heat. Combine the olive oil and balsamic into a bowl and toss the mushrooms in the marinade before placing on the grill. It says to grill each side for 3-5 minutes then wait for them to cook before cutting them into small cubes BUT I don't personally have a grill.
- I put my stove on Medium heat, tossed the mushrooms in the marinade, then placed them into the pan and drizzled the remaining marinade into the pan and over the mushrooms. I cooked them for 5 minutes on each side then removed them and let them cool.
- I feel like grilling them would have make them taste better but this version of using the stove top worked fine, too.