EASY MAKE SHRIMP PESTO BOWL
HI MY LOVES!
I have been craving shrimp lately SOO bad. My boyfriend went to our favorite mexican restaurant the other day and got a shrimp burrito without me (RUDE), so I had to figure something out for myself.
To be honest, I didn't REAAAALLLY want a massive burrito, I just wanted something with like a shrimp, cilantro, lemon vibe...so I made just that, and I think you guys are going to love it!
HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
(makes 7 servings)
- 1 pound shrimp (I got frozen because I didn't know when I was going to be able to make it, but fresh or frozen are fine)
- 1 lemon
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 3 cups cooked Brown Rice (I got the bags of frozen rice from trader joes because I hate waiting for rice to cook, but you do you.)
- Fresh pineapple
- Pesto Sauce
- OPTIONAL: avocado and sea salt
WHAT TO DO:
1. If frozen, de thaw the shrimp. Sautee for 5-7 minutes on med-low heat in coconut oil.
2. Cook rice according to package, or do like me and just heat up the frozen packs of rice on the stove in coconut oil.
3. Cut pineapple into 1/2 inch bites (I did appx 5 rings of pineapple)
4. Tear off 1 cup of cilantro.
5. Once the rice is cooked, add the pesto to it and mix.
6. In a large bowl, mix together the cooked shrimp, pineapple, lemon juice, and cilantro.
7. Store the rice and the shrimp mix separately in the fridge.
8. To serve, I add 1/2 cup pesto brown rice to a bowl then top with the shrimp mix! Feel free to add avocado and some sea salt!
This meal is great because it has fiber, protein and healthy fats! So this meal will keep you full for hours and give you long lasting energy! Pretty much every client I have tells me that they just need more energy.
Dips in our energy multiple times a day is directly related to what we are eating. If our blood sugar is all over the place because we're eating too much sugar and processed foods then we will never get our energy OR appetite under control.
I'll stop there because I'm about to tack on an entirely new blog to this bottom of this one haha but if you want to chat more or get personal help with your diet, book a FREE consultation call with me and we can talk about it :)
Okay love you byeeee!