SHRIMP CEVICHE WITH FRESH FARMERS MARKET INGREDIENTS
WELP. It's the day after the 4th of July and it's safe to say I am STRUGGLING.
I'm slowly making my way back up to LA but had to stop at my favorite coffee shop before leaving San Diego. (Better Buzz in Encinitas).
I had enough tequilla for a party of 3 yesterday so this morning I'm getting my coffee, juice and avocado toast fix and bringing you this recipe because it's kind of PERFECT.
I made this two days ago and I seriously CANNOT wait to get home and enjoy it. It's fresh, SUPER healthy, and easy to snack on. It also will feed you for like DAYS. (Assuming my boyfriend didn't eat it all haha).
I get all the ingredients from the Farmers Market on Sunday and it's done by Sunday afternoon.
Last time I made it with fresh tilapia but this time I went with shrimp and it is just as delicious so feel free to try both!
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- 1 cup lime juice (appx 8 large limes)
- 1/2 cup seeded tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled, seeded and finely diced
- 1/2 finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 pound tilapia or shrimp
- 1 tablespoon sirarcha
- 1 avocado
- Sea salt and fresh pepper
- If you get shrimp, peel it and take out the vein (sounds gross I know), then rinse and cut into small cubes. If you get a filet of fish, just rinse and cut into small cubes.
- Place in a bowl then cover with lime juice.
- Let sit for 20 minutes
- As that is sitting in the lime juice, start cutting all of your veggies
- Add everything to the bowl except avocado
- Let sit for another 20 minutes before serving.
- Top with avocado, enjoy with some healthy chips! (I get garbanzo bean chips from the Farmers Market!)