SUPER EASY THREE BEAN & CILANTRO RICE SALAD
Okay guys - this is my new obsession. I made this a few weeks ago before one of the NBA Finals Games and it fed me, my friend Nikki, and my boyfriend...and me and Nikki had like 3 servings each haha oops..
And then it fed me for lunch for like next 6 days so it's a SOLID lunch or dinner option and it's sooo cheap and easy and refreshing I LOVE IT.
It almost reminds me of that cilantro black bean rice combo they have at chiptole so you know that's a good sign. I also featured this in my post on How To Go Grocery Shopping For Under 60.00 Bucks A Week because the cost of ingredients for this is NOTHING and it makes SO MUCH.
Okay let's get to it yeah?
Here's What You'll Need:
- 2 Cups Cooked Wild Rice ( Use any healthy grain you'd like. I used a rice and quinoa blend from Costco but I feel like it would also be good with just quinoa or cous cous.)
- 1 Can White Kidney Beans (drained & rinsed)
- 1 Can Black Beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 Can Garbanzo Beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1/4 Cup Diced Red Onion
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Cilantro
- 1/2 Lemon, squeezed.
- 3 TBS red wine vinegar
- 2 TBS Olive Oil
- 4 TBS Stevia
- 1/2 Lemon, Squeezed
- 1/2 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- Sriracha and Avocado ( i put these two things on my individual salad before eating it and it totally pulled everything together!)
What to do:
1. Follow the instructions on the bag for your grain that you're using and cook that while you prepare the salad and dressing.
2. Drain and rinse all the beans and pour them all into a big bowl
3. Chop up your onion and cilantro and toss that into the bowl
4. Add 2 cups of cooked grains
5. Squueze in 1/2 lemon, mix everything together and set in the fridge to cool.
For the dressing:
1. Mix all the ingredients together in a small dish and set in the fridge.
(I poured a little dressing on my individual bowl when i was ready to eat it rather than dumping the entire thing in the salad but, it's up to you!)
Sounds good right?! Leave your comments below:)