YO. If I made these, then YOU HAVE to make these! They were so delicious and such a perfect energy sustaining snack before my spin class. (ugh) But I’m totally going go start resorting to these for a dinner side dish or a healthy carb option for days I need more energy!
What You’ll Need:
– 1 Sweet Potato
– 1 Bunch Rosemary
– 2 TBS Organic Coconut Oil
– 4 TBS Organic Honey
1. Set your oven to BAKE at 350-degrees.
2. As that is warming up, wash, peel and cut your sweet potato into cubes.
3. Chop up the Rosemary (I did two long stems but I LOVE ROSEMARY so do as much or as little as you’d like).
4. Combine the Honey, Coconut Oil, and Rosemary in a pan and stir it together on low heat. Once it is heated into liquid form, pour in the sweet potatoes and stir to get the glaze on all the potatoes.
NOTE: this is not to cook the potatoes, this is just an easy way to get the glaze on all the potatoes.
5. Spread the glazed potatoes across a foiled baking sheet.
6. Bake for 20 minutes.
Sweet potatoes are a healthy complex carbohydrate which means they are AMAZING for lasting, sustained energy. The opposite of a complex carb is a simple carb. Simple carbs are carbs that give you energy for a few minutes and then make you super sleepy. Think things like white spaghetti, white rice, white bread, pastries…
This is why this is a great meal or snack to have before working out! You will have plenty of energy to get through your exercises !