The time has come where my days consist of bathing suits, big t-shirts, sandles, snacks and tanning. Im throughly enjoying working from home, writing blogs by the pool and getting outside for my exercise. So since iv’e been home more I wanted to share with you guys some healthy and refreshing drinks and snacks I’ve been having, along with my exercise regimen I’ve been doing, sound good?!
Heres what a day looks like:
- if I’m only doing cardio that day then I don’t have as many carbs so i go with my yogurt breakfast.
- ½ cup fat free yogurt//fresh berries//mixed nuts (pistachios, almonds, walnuts, dried cranberries) and chia seeds.
- If I’m doing cardio and weights that day then i’ll have either:
- 1 piece ezekiel toast with MCT oil, 2 eggs whites, ¼ an avocado and fresh salsa
- 1/3 cup cooked oatmeal with fresh berries
EXERCISE: (Legs and Booty)
- 30 minutes on the stair master or elliptical OR a run outside if i’m not doing weights.
( 3 sets of 15 for each exercise. When I do weights I also do 30 mins of cardio first)
- leg press (85 lbs) // inner/outer thigh abductors (70 lbs) // jump squats // walking lunges (30 lb barbell) // calf raises (hold 20 lbs) // regular squats (slow) // Deadlifts (30 lbs) // Clam Exercise (with a band above your knees) // Donkey Kicks on Cable Machine (30 lbs)
LUNCH: Now you Need Protein!
I’m simple. I like things that are healthy, easy to make, and good. For lunch i might have one of these.
- Can of tuna with sriracha and Trader Joes spicy flaxseed tortilla chips
- Protein Shake
- Egg White and Veggie wrap (sauté bell peppers, broccoli, and spinach. Use a whole wheat wrap)
- Spicy Black Beans with steamed broccoli and salsa.
This is usually when i go tan, write, read, maybe grab a chai tea latte (with MTC oil)
SNACKS THROUGHOUT THE DAY:
Apples and chunky almond butter // Air Popped Popcorn // Mixed nuts // Carrots and Hummus // Juice //
Now go out there and enjoy the 90′s !