Photographer and creative director, my friend: @theeternalchild
If you guys haven’t checked out my friend @theeternalchild, please do because she helps me create quick easy recipes that are super healthy and I actually end up loving them and making them again.
This time we linked up we decided that we wanted to do a huge healthy salad that had tons of nutrients and plant based protein AND to top it off (literally) we wanted to make a light, homemade dressing that was quick and easy.
The prep was simple, especially if you’re enjoying some wine while you do it 😉
We were so surprised with how delicious it was that we couldn’t stop eating it , HA. I was legit so full actually AND we had plenty of leftovers which was great because then I was able to take it to work and bring the dressing on the side. WINNING!
Alright, let’s get into it right quiiiicccccck.
- 1 BAG OF DARK LEAFY GREEN KALE
- 1 RED ONION
- 1 HEAD OR 1 BAG OF CHOPPED CAULIFLOWER
- 1 CAN OF GARBANZO BEANS, DRAINED
- 1/4 CUP OF PUMPKIN SEEDS
- 1 LEMON
- 2 DELICATA SQUASH
- GARLIC OLIVE OIL
- ONION POWDER
- GARLIC POWDER
- SEA SALT
- 1/2 A LEMON
- 1/2 TSP TAHINI
- 1/2 TSP MAPLE SYRUP
- 1/2 TSP APPLE JUICE
- 1/2 TSP APPLE CIDER VINEGAR
- SEA SALT
– SERVES 4
1. Set your oven to BAKE at 405-degrees F.
2. Slice your squash into rings and scoop out the seeds. Then cut each of them into half.
3. Peel the onion and cut it in half and then into fourths.
4. Dress a baking pan with garlic olive oil and lay the squash out flat with the onions, drained garbanzo beans, and cauliflower. (We used two baking sheets for this).
5. Sprinkle to your liking with sea salt, onion powder, more garlic olive oil and garlic powder.
6. Place in the oven to cook for 30 minutes, making sure that you’re checking them and stirring them every 10 minutes 🙂
7. While that is cooking, prepare a large bowl with kale. Squeeze 1/2-1 whole lemon into the kale and massage the kale for appx. 4-5 minutes.
PREPARE THE DRESSING: Simply add all of the ingredients into a small mixing bowl and whisk it with a fork until it is a smooth, creamy texture.
Once your veggies are done, add them to your bowl of kale, sprinkle with pumpkin seeds, add dressing and enjoy!
Chelsey & Theeternalchild