Hi my loves!
So since I’ve been doing more consultation calls with you guys – I have been learning A LOT about you all. The one thing that I keep hearing over and over again is that you guys want ideas for quick, easy, healthy, meals that you can take to work if you need to.
Personally, this is all I make. I actually like cooking but I never have time for it, and I feel like it’s sort of a waste of time to be in the kitchen for forever to make a meal just for myself haha ya know?
So legit EVERYTHING I make is healthy, cheap, quick and energizing.
I never really posted these meals because they are so easy that I didn’t think they were very exciting, or they wouldn’t look good in pictures but now I’m over that.
I promise to start giving you guys more of my quick and easy meals 🙂 STARTING WITH, this homemade Kale Salad that I featured on the FabFitFun SnapChat the other day !
I ate it every day this week for lunch and dinner so it’s already almost gone but it should make about 7-8 servings:)
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 1 Bunch Organic Dark green Kale
- 1 Yellow or Green Zucchini
- 1 Bag of Mixed Cabbage or a box of Pre Shaved Broccoli and Carrots (Broccoli-Slaw)
- Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Cup of Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Rice Vinegar
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 3 TBS Sesame Oil
OPTIONAL: (PROTEIN ADDITIONS)
- AHI TUNA
WHAT TO DO:
- Rinse the kale then chop it all the way down until you are left with about an inch and a half of the stem left – throw that last part away. It’s too tough to chew in my opinion.
- Toss it in a HUGE mixing bowl. I like this one from IKEA.
- Cut the Zucchini from tip to tip once, then again to the two halves, and then chop and throw into the salad bowl.
- Pour in your entire bag of cabbage or Broccoli-Slaw.
- Add 1 cup unsalted Pumpkin Seeds.
- Blend all the dressing ingredients together.
- Pour half over the salad and then use your hands to mix it together and massage it into the kale.
- Then pour the second half and repeat.
Use your judgement with the dressing. I usually end up having a little bit left over which I save or just throw away, but you can definitely use it all if you want to.
The salad gets better as it sits! The kale is a thick green so it absorbs the dressing without getting soggy which makes this the perfect salad to meal prep.
This dressing is from my two week reset cleanse! Consider just getting the cleanse if you’re looking for a lot of new meals, home made dressings, and detox tips.
I love to add ahi tuna to my salad with a tiny bit of spicy mayo (so good!!) I buy it from the sushi section of my grocery store.
Any questions or comments? Leave them below!