Honestly, I feel like I’m still 18 because I don’t like to spend too much time in the kitchen, I’m not home enough to cook TONS of food, and lets’ be honest, I’d rather buy clothes and staycations rather than loads of food.
SO with that said, I want to show you guys an example of a totally obtainable HEALTHY grocery list that will feed you for the week, UNDER 60 bucks. (These are my Trader joe’s finds, but you can find other things that are similar at a grocery store near you!)
Okay here’s what you’ll need:
– 1 Gallon Almond Milk – $3.00
– 1 Bag of Spinach – $2.50
– 1 Chocolate Hemp Protein Powder – $10.00
– 7 Organic Bananas – $2.10
– Raw Crunchy Almond Butter – $6.00
– Harvest Grains Cous Cous – $7.00
– 4 Pack Zucchini – $3.00
– 4 Lemons – $3.50
– Carton of Eggs (6) – $2.50
– Whole Grain Bread – $4.00
– 4 Avocados – $3.50
– 1 Red Onion – .90 c
– 1 Can Black Beans – $1.20
– 1 Can White Kidney Beans – .90 c
– 1 Can Garbano Beans – $1.20
– 1 Can Corn – .90 c
– 1 Large Bunch Fresh Cilantro – $1.50
– 1 Bag Flax Seed Chips – $2.50
– 2 Kind Bars – $3.00
Alrighty so you have a few options here:
For breakfast you can have:
1. A piece of toast with 1/4 avocado and two egg whites OR
2. A protein shake made with:
– ICE//2 Cups Nut Milk//1 Banana//1 TBS Almond Butter// & a HUGE handful of spinach. OR
3. A bowl of spinach with 2 egg whites, 1/4 avocado and 1/3 cup cous cous (This could be good dressed with lemon OR if you find 5 bucks – Go get OPA Ranch and put two tablespoons of that in this easy breakfast bowl)
For Lunch/Dinner, these are your options:
1. Cilantro Salad: (SOOO good and quick and cheap and refreshing, click here for the ingredients – yours wont have tomatoes but that’s okay!)
2. BOMB 3 Bean Salad: Click here for the recipe. (In my recipe I added two cups of a whole grain rice/quinoa blend but it will still be good without it. Also, instead of making the dressing you can EASILY just dress it with lemon!! I LOVE this meal because it just stays in the fridge and it’s ready to eat whenever you want. It also pairs well with those flaxseed chips!)
3. Zucchini Noodles with CousCous + Lemon: UGHHHH another one of my faves!! Just ask your mom to by you a spiralizer and then you’ll be set. They’re like seven bucks on amazon or at your local grocery store (I got mine at Ralphs) and they turn your zucchinis into noodles! I spiralize TWO zucchinis and cook them on high heat in coconut oil for two minutes WHILE I heat up 1/2 cup cous cous in a pan with coconut oil. (You can always catch me making this on my snap :CHELSEYROSE)
Put the cooked noodles and warmed up cous cous in a bowl, add 1/4 avocado, and squeeze 1/2 a lemon. (If you have that OPA ranch, I also like to dab 1 TBS of that in this dish).
4. Egg Sandwich: Lightly toast two pieces of bread while you cook three egg whites on low heat in coconut oil. When the toast is ready, spread 1/2 an avocado on there, top with the eggs and torn up spinach. Again – If you have that ranch i put a tinnny bit of that on this alos haha OBSESSED? I’m using that until I can make my own ranch.
You’re snacks are:
1. Kind Bar
2. Flax Seed Chips (You could even smash up an avocado, squeeze 1/2 a lemon on it, dress it with sea salt and pepper, and dip your chips in there for a easy guac.
3. Banana with Almond Butter
ALSO what’s great about this is that some weeks will go buy where you don’t finish the almond butter or bread so you’ll have a little extra money the following week so you could maybe get some frozen blueberries instead so that you can make my Blueberry Protein Shake or that Ranch I’ve been raving about haha.
Ballin healthy on a budget ladies & gents!!