Haaaay!! As you guys know, a recipe usually only makes it from my kitchen to instagram stories to the blog where it will love eternally if I LOOOOVE it (and if it has more than 3 ingredients).
I found this recipe on this new app I just got the other day called MEAL PLAN and it is sooo epic. This weekend I am going to really go through it and go grocery shopping and get totally meal prepped for next week. You guys will be obsessed. It’s an app that you can open and it will give you tons of recipe ideas whether you want breakfast, dinner, gluten free, dairy free, desserts, whatever. It also includes the macros for everything (carbs, fats, protein, calories). PLUS it easily changes the recipe list depending on how many people you’re cooking for.
My absolute favorite part of it though is that you can create a meal plan and it HELPS you completely put one together depending on your height, weight, gender, activity level and what your goals are. Then it lets you pick what kind of meal plan you would want whether it’s created for intermittent fasting, keto, whole 30, whatever.
Just having all of your meals figured out AND having it match up perfectly with your calories and macros is such a game changer. If you don’t know whether or not you should be counting your calories, try checking out this video by my coach Chris at Show Up Fitness.
This sounds like an ad but it’s really not hahah I honestly love it so much and the organization of it just gets my inner virgo GOIN.
So anyway – check it out. It’s like $50.00 bucks for the entire year.
SO with that said – I found this recipe on there…jigged it a little bit and made it a household favorite for me AND my boyfriend (who said it’s actually way better than Chipotle). The recipe is made to serve 5 (1 cup servings) so it’s perfect to make and eat for the entire week.
HEALTHY CHIPOTLE BOWL
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 45 mins
Macros per serving:
– Calories: 308
– Carbs: 28g
– Fat: 12.9g
– Protein: 21.7g
- 2 Medium Sweet Potatoes
- 4oz Can Black Beans (drained)
- 1 Lime
- 16oz Ground Chicken
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/3 cup Red Bell Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Onion
- 1/4 Cup Cilantro
- Pre Heat oven to 450-degrees. Add chopped sweet potatoes to a parchment lined baking sheet and drizzle with 1/2 tbsp olive oil.
- Season the sweet potatoes with sea salt and black pepper. Roast in the oven for 25-35 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the SAUCE (so good). Use the remainder of the olive oil, lime juice, paprika, chili powder, garlic powder, and a pinch of black pepper. Set aside.
- Turn stovetop to medium-low and cook ground chicken.
- Once the sweet potatoes and chicken are done cooking, add them to a large bowl with the black beans, bell pepper, onion, and cilantro.
- Top it off with the sauce and stir until everything is combined.
- Keep in a container in the fridge or pre scoop 1 cup servings into meal prep containers!
>>>> My man made this meal more suitable for him by adding a cup of rice and 1/2 an avocado.
>>>> ALSO – the sauce is seriously SO good that I made extra so that I can put it on my chicken, fish and veggies throughout the week!
Let me know if you guys try it!! You can find me eating for the rest of my life on my insta.