This recipe goes wayyy back for me. I used to eat these when I was training for a fitness competition because my trainer wanted me to have a balanced meal of healthy fats, complex carbs and protein to start my day.
I don’t know what happened but I completely FORGOT about these pancakes somewhere along the way and for whatever reason I thought to make them the other day and suuuure enough, the addiction is BACK.
I probably burnt myself out on them last time haha and I’m probably about to do that again because I’m a creature of habit and I’ve already had them every morning for like 10 days in a row.
I’ve been sharing a picture on instagram at LEAST every other day and you guys have been asking for the recipe so here it is!! It’s SUPER EASY.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
– 2 Egg whites
– 1/3 cup dry Oatmeal
– Crunchy, organic, no salt added almond butter (I find the best prices at Trader Joe’s)
– Organic Agave Syrup
– 1 TBSP Coconut oil
1. Add 1 TBSP of coconut oil to a frying pan and turn heat on to medium.
2. Meanwhile, blend two egg whites, 1/3 cup of uncooked oatmeal and a large handful of spinach in a blender until the spinach is chopped up.
3. Use a spoon to pour the mixture into the frying pan, making TWO pancakes.
4. Cook on medium heat for 5 minutes, then flip and cook for 5 minutes on the other side.
5. Remove from pan, cover each pancake with almond butter, raspberries and agave!