Okay seriously…everything about these is amazing.
I made spring rolls forever ago and still had a shit ton of the papers left over so I decided to go grab a few things to fill them up with so that I could make them again and it took me less than 30 minutes to make like 8 of them.
So I now have lunch for the next 2 days ready to go.
And everything I got was SO cheap.
+++ I found an even easier way to do this after I made all of them so stay tuned for that.
Okay, Here’s what you’ll need:
+ 8 Rice Wrappers
+ Appx 32 shrimp
+ Mango (I buy the ones that are already cut from Trader Joe’s…way easier!)
+ Red Cabbage (Again, I buy the cabbage that’s already cut up from Trader Joe’s)
+ Romaine Lettuce
+ Peanut sauce and soy sauce for dipping!
1. Prepare all the ingredients first by cutting them and making them ready to be placed on the rice paper.
2. Thinly slice the mango, remove the cilantro from the stems, remove the tail from the shrimp, and cut the bottoms off of the romaine lettuce.
3. Once that is ready to go, fill up a big bowl with warm water.
4. Carefully put one piece of rice paper in the water until it starts to become flexible. (I keep my fingers on the paper while it’s in the bowl to help shape it into the bowl because mine didnt fit perfectly, AND to keep an idea of how it’s feeling. Take it out when it feels the way you would eat it…about 25 seconds).
5. Once you take the rice paper out of the water, try to shake off any excess water then lay it flat.
6. Place about 4-5 shrimp in a line down the middle then add the mango, cilantro, cabbage, and romaine lettuce.
7. Fold the bottom of the rice paper up onto the lettuce, then carefully pull the left side over to the right, then roll tight like a burrito!
Okay but here’s what I realized at the end…
If you’re soooo over the rice paper but love the way these taste then try this…
Shrimp Lettuce Wraps.
So you know how you have a lot of extra romaine lettuce?
You could just take all the same ingredients that we put in the fresh roll but put it in a lettuce wrap instead…drizzle on some peanut sauce and soy sauce and call it a day.
WAY FASTER, right?
that’s all for today loves.