Due to my PMS attitude the other day, I came home and immediately felt like having a drink was appropriate but I wanted to at least keep it a little festive.
Normally I would go for a glass of red but to be honest, we just didn’t have any and the thought of going back into LA traffic AGAIN was nauseating so I cancelled that idea and went with this.
So typically, a White Russian is cream, vodka, and Kahlúa, which isn’t bad but I wanted to add my own flavor to it.
As you guys know, ever since I did my cleanse I have stopped drinking coffee and I have become obsessed with Earl Grey tea. I’ve realized it works really well as a ‘bullet proof coffee” and it gives me lasting energy all day which is just necessary.
I had some Earl Grey tea leftover in my teapot from this morning so I tried adding that to my mix of Vodka, Kahlúa and a few other ingredients and it was PERFECTION. Plus were getting anti-oxidants from the tea sooooo I’ll take it lol. Could totally cancel out considering were also drinking vokda but it’s worth a shot.
Okay – let’s get into it.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
– 4 BAGS OF EARL GREY TEA
– 1/3 CUP HONEY
– CINNAMON STICKS (optional, its just for looks)
– Coconut Ice ( @Trader Joes or you can make your own with the rest of your coconut milk. Will have to set aside at least 4 hours for it to freeze, or just use regular ice!)
– 1 tsp VANILLA EXTRACT
– 1 oz COCONUT FULL FAT MILK (in a can)
– 1 1/2 oz KAHLÚA
– 2 oz VODKA
– 3 tbsp ALMOND MILK
WHAT TO DO:
- Boil one cup of water then add 4 tea bags and let it steep for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add Vodka, Kahlúa, Coconut Milk and Almond Milk to a mixing glass a stir.
- Once your tea is done steeping, remove the bags, and add the honey and vanilla extract to your pot and return to a boil.
- Once it boils, pour ONE OUNCE of the mix into your glass, stir.
- Now just pour everything over regular ice or your coconut ice, sprinkle on some nutmeg, and add a cinnamon stick to garnish!