Alright guys, if you know me you know I love home made meals that are cheap, healthy, and reallllly good.
When I’m tired, hungry or in a rush, the last thing I want to do is sit and wait for water to boil..I’d rather eat like 800 boring ass carrots before I wait to cook something.
This is a dish that I worked on with my friend McCauley and since then I’ve put a few different twists on it.
It’s great though because when I go to Trader Joes I know I only need to grab a few things in order to make this meal quickly at some point during the week.
Plus, all the fiber that is in the garbanzo beans keeps me full and helps with digestion AND it’s good either hot or cold so it’s easy to pack up and take on the go if I want to!
If you’re not in a major rush and not starving to the point that you feel like you’re going to eat your own arm then I would make it the original way which is the Curry style cauliflower rice.
If you’re in a bit more of a rush, then just make it the quick way!! I’ll list both below..
Let’s start with the Curry Style.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
+ 1 head of cauliflower,grated or 1/2 bag of Trader Joe’s Riced Cauliflower (SO much easier)
+ 1/4 cup chickpeas
+ 1 tablespoons curry seasoning
+ 1 tablespoon coconut oil
+ 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
+ 1/4 cup chopped green onions
+ 1 teaspoon grated ginger (buy fresh ginger and grate it)
+ 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
+ black pepper to taste
WHAT TO DO:
1. Put coconut oil in a frying pan and turn heat to medium
2. Once pan is hot, add 1/2 bag of Cauliflower Rice
3. Squeeze in 2 teaspoons of lime juice, stir.
4. After 2-3 minutes, add in chick peas. Just drain them and rinse them first!
5. Add in curry seasoning, tumeric, ginger and black pepper.
6. After 2 minutes, add in chopped green onions.
7. Stir everything together, cook about 3 more minutes, serve & enjoy!!
Okay, here’s the quicker way!
What you’ll need:
+ 1/2 bag cauliflower rice
+ 1 can chickpeas (aka garbanzo beans)
+ 1/4 cup chopped green onion
+ 1 whole lemon, juiced
+ Cayenne Pepper
+ 1 TBS coconut oil
WHAT TO DO:
1. Heat the pan with coconut oil
2. Once the pan is hot, add in the 1/2 bag of cauliflower rice
3. Squeeze in the entire lemon! Don’t get any seeds in there!
4. Add in cayenne pepper! I USE A LOT
5. Add in whole can of garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed.
6. Let that all cook together for 5 minutes.
7. Then add in 1/4 cup of chopped green onions
8. Cook for 2 more minutes.