I recently shared a healthy morning ritual I follow daily on my blog, and I received great responses for it. So, I decided to share some things you should add to your nighttime routine.
Not only will a nighttime routine help you reduce stress from your long day, it will help you to get more quality sleep. I recommend at least 8 hours a night! The body needs ample time to rest and repair each night. So here are my tips:
1. Eat a healthy & simple dinner – Try eating protein & greens
2. Take a nice bath with essential oils – Great way to relax your muscles
3. Read a book 30 minutes before bed – Great way to prepare the body for rest
4. Turn off all devices an hour before bed – TV, iPads, tablets, phone & computer
5. Drink water or some tea – Tea has been known as a sleep aid. Since you will be without water for 8+ hours, it would be nice to give your body some love before you fall asleep.
6. Stretch or do yoga for 10-15 minutes – Great way to relax the body and mind
Now, I know all of these tips might not work for everyone and their lifestyle, but try to incorporate a few into your nightly routine and see what difference it makes in your overall health!