PURELY ELIZABETH'S HOMEMADE AIOLI AND ARTICHOKES
Since my boyfriend and I have moved into our own place and my kitchen is no longer a dungeon, I've been having so much fun creating in the kitchen.
I've been diving into a lot of easy, plant based home made things like avocado and brown rice nori rolls, homemade vanilla almond milk and these little bundles of perfection.
I'm just getting into it so obviously I wanted to start with something small and NOT intimidating. I figured I couldn't really mess up boiling some artichokes and mixing some sauces together soooo artichokes for the win.
Okay so it's SUPER EASY.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- 2 artichokes
- 1 lemon, cut in half
- 3 Tbsp vegan mayo
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp sriracha
- Himalayan Sea Salt to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil with half of a lemon.
- Meanwhile, cut 1/2 an inch off the top of each artichoke and 1/2 inch off the bottom of the stem.
- Take a potato peeler and peel the rough layer off of the stem.
- Cut the artichokes in half (vertical)
- Place the artichokes in the boiling water, then turn the heat down to a simmer, cover, and let cook for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the juice of the other half of your lemon with the mayo, oil, garlic sriracha, and salt!
I hope you LOOOOVE them as much as I do! Thank you for the recipe Purely Elizabeth!
Leave me a comment below if you have any other little recipes you think I should try to make!